Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A day in Arkeedo

A few days ago Scarlett woke up happy enough, but when her daddy left she turned on me! When there was no improvement noted by 9:00 a.m. I packed a bag for the day, put the whiner in the car seat (after we put on the tutu, of course), and drove to Arkadelphia. We stopped by the Hasley's (see pic with Pepaw. Sorry Memaw, we didn't get any pictures with you - we will have to next time). Scarlett had a great time and even Aunt Michelle got a few hugs. We went to Mam and Paw's house all by ourselves because they were working, but Paw did come home to watch Backyardigan's with Scarlett. After her nap, we went to Mam's Candy Store (a.k.a the OBU bookstore - Grace used to call it Mam's Candy Store, and so the name has stuck). She had a great time walking up the stairs, especially the little stairs in front of the student center - she could do those all by herself. She walked around campus like she belonged there. There was one girl laying in the grass studying and little miss nosy walked up and just stared. I often wonder what goes through her little mind!!! We finally ended our day and had to get home to see daddy. Glad we got out of the house - don't know if I could have withstood the day of whining!

Once she realized Pepaw's chair made noises, she was more than happy to sit in his lap!

She loved "one, two, three"!!

Walking up the steps like a big girl

And, here is the girl studying. Sorry 'girl-we-don't-know'. I took this picture right before she looked up. She is pretty special - she has now made the blog. Scarlett is such a nosy little thang!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey Beth -- Scarlett is precious! She looks like she has such a bubbly personality. Since I know you and Dillard -- I really see a combo of the two of ya'll in her (amazing how that happens)! Hey -- I know what you mean about the "turning" once the daddy leaves. Darbs does me the same way! I don't know what the deal is -- it's a mystery! As for the pics -- I've just been using whatever is on our computer, but I have photoshop elements that I'm wanting to learn how to use. I haven't been patient enough to sit down and learn about it at this point. I definitely need to learn the "tan" trick -- I'm ghostly white (and it's not because Halloween is coming up either!) We need to get the girls together! Take care!

Kathy said...

Scarlett is a cutie-pa-tootie!

I've got to get one of those tutu-things. Maybe not until Amelia can sit or stand up - OK, I've got plenty of time!