Thursday, December 18, 2008

Scarlett's first school Christmas party

Scarlett started Mother's Day Out this fall -- she goes two times a week for several hours in the morning. I was very hesitant about it (thanks Aunt B for making me do it!). There are many upsides to "school". She actually is learning some things that I know I didn't teach her. She is also learning how to interact with other kids, which I guess will serve her well down the line. The downside is, of course, germs. I know, I know -- she will get these illnesses sooner or later, but the poor thing has had one thing after another (well, usually a cold/cough followed by an ear infection -- 4 to be exact!). As I type this I am listening to her over the baby monitor breathe through a very stuffy nose with the intermittent cough. Let's just hope and pray that we aren't cleaning tonight's dinner out of her bed cuz she gags while coughing -- that seems to be her specialty! Anyway -- here are a couple of pics of her Christmas party today. She didn't care one iota about those cupcakes. She put her finger on the icing, made a little "huh" sound, and went straight to the goldfish. Maybe she ISN'T like her momma after all!


F.Y.I -- that is NOT her bottle -- that belongs to a sibling of her classmate!

2 comments:

Raygan said...

This is so cute. I love looking at your blog! Scarlett is so beautiful! You're gonna have so much fun on Christmas morning watching her tear open everything!

It's a wonderful life said...

Beth,
I just ran across your blog!! Your little girl is precious what a blessing!! Take care and I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas
Tonyia Zeagler