Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet!!

I will be very honest -- I was dreading dressing Scarlett in her costume and taking her trick-or-treating. I just knew that since it was bedtime, etc..., that she would be a very angry bumblebee. To my suprise, she had a BALL!!! Ainsley and Scarlett were both bumblebees - yet, getting them to pose together and smile at the same time was not in the cards, but oh well. Coconut (the dog) was also a bumblebee - it would have been cuter if a) the kids would pose and b) the dog would sit still and pose with the kids. I had such a cute picture worked out in my head. Needless to say, it didn't happen and I had to take what I could get. We went to Aunt B and Uncle Marc's house and lots of kiddos were there. Of course, Grace and Sarah were there (I only got one pic of Grace and NONE of Sarah - hope her mother did). Sam and Miles (my-pooh) went trick-or-treating with us and we had a ball. They were so cute - of course, they don't know the etiquette involved in halloween yet (ya know, you knock but DON'T go in the house.... they were all to eager to invite themselves in!). Here are a few pics of the fun.......


This was the best I was going to get of Ainsley and Scarlett. There was too much going on (the bonfire and s'mores makin') to sit still for the crazy camera lady

The ONLY way I was going to get Coconut and Scarlett together in their bumblebee costumes was to have someone hold the both of them. This was about as loving as it got.


It was SO dark outside that we didn't even realize Scarlett had lost her shoe (on about the 3rd house, and we went to quite a few!!). Daddy and Mr. Robert went on a search after we got home and luckily found it. I was editing my pictures and realized that she only has one shoe on in most of the pictures..... oops!


Sam, Scarlett, and Miles
(my-pooh as we will lovingly call him now, thanks to Scarlett)
We were lucky to get a few shots of the three of them together - they were doing all they could to smile through the extreme exhaustion!

7 comments:

Mam said...

I wonder if the bee dress will replace the tu-tu as Scarlett's favorite article of clothing

Art Nest said...

Beth - You won the portrait giveaway! Stop by my blog to see!

The Bobo's said...

she did look so cute and is the cutest bee i've seen too!! how did you get that pic with the black and white and color mixed together. i don't know how to do that! share your tricks!!

The Bobo's said...

okay so i have that corel program too, i have had it for awhile but never knew it did that, what option do you choose?

bakerboy said...

That Scarlett is sooo pretty! Is that a coon dog Dillard is holding? :) G.B.

Rich and Renee said...

How precious.....Those eyes and those curls are too cute. I am sure impressed with you photography, such a good mom!!!

Art Nest said...

Beth,
You need to come see your daughters portrait that is in progress. She's beautiful!